Sunday, October 25, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome and thanks for visiting my Hifi Hut! As many of you know, vinyl records have enjoyed a large upturn in popularity in recent years. Equipment manufacturers and record labels alike have been cashing in on the trend with new turntables and reissues of albums (both old and new) on vinyl. However, I have realized that many listeners don't know a whole lot about starting their own vinyl collection and are missing out on the format's many possibilities.

Here on my blog, you will find articles about the recent resurgence of vinyl records, as well as record reviews and tips for the record/audio equipment buyer. My goal is to give you the most accurate, fair, and helpful news and advice that I can offer, leaving you to enjoy your records better than ever before.

To me, collecting and listening to records is more than following a trend. It is a way of hearing the music that has shaped my life in the way that the artists and producers originally intended. It is a way of collecting fine art, both visual and musical. And most importantly, there is no such thing as a dull moment in collecting records; I can't go to a record store or thrift shop without finding something awesome to add to my collection! I hope to share my love of records with my readers and provide them with the knowledge they need to start a neat collection.

I'll make a large post on Friday morning, but until then, I'll leave you with this cartoon (courtesy of Discogs); any audiophile or record collector will get the joke!


Happy listening!

--Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment