Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Discogs

Hello!


I just wanted to share the link to my Discogs collection. For the uninitiated, Discogs is an incredible service that allows record collectors to log their record collection down to the exact pressing of a record. For example, I just added a reissue pressing of Pink Floyd's Meddle that was specifically manufactured in the US for Capitol Records in 1983 (catalog number SMAS-832) to my collection this afternoon! Once you add records to your collection, you can sort them to your liking and grade the quality of the media and the sleeve. You can also keep track of which records you want on the service. 

Another amazing part of Discogs is the Marketplace. In the Marketplace, you can sell records from your collection or buy records from all over the world (I nearly bought a record from Belgium one time!) . Discogs charges you a small fee to sell your records on their website, but if you are a buyer, you can trust that you will be buying records from someone who actually knows what they're doing. 




In addition to this, Discogs is the world's largest online discography and it is all maintained by record connoisseurs like you and me. If you stumble across a record that is not in the Discogs database, you can help other collectors by adding information about it. Best of all, the website is free to use (except if you choose to buy a record), so I would highly recommend it to any collector!

That being said, here is the link to my Discogs collection. I have not yet logged every record I own into the service, so what you will see is only a partial representation of my actual collection.

Happy Listening,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment